Have you ever thought about a celebrity who you would invite to dinner, if you could invite anyone in the world? And to make this a little easier, I’m going to go with those who are living. Dead guys at dinner are a drag.
- Love of my life, Johnny Depp. Until more recently, I have admired his daring to take on non commercial roles to hone his talent and to stretch his abilities. Or at least, I think that’s why he did it. From Benny and Joon to Edward Scissorhands to Captain Jack Sparrow, he embraces the character and makes it come to life! Plus, I think I would ply him with a little too much wine and get the details on the rest of his life over dinner….
- Taylor Swift. Ok, you already likely know why. Outspoken, talented, radical, coltish and becoming more and more comfortable in her power while still retaining her authenticity. I might ask her to sing. Just saying. I made dinner!
- Justin Timberlake. A duet with Taylor! I love this guy. He just makes everything look easy and will seemingly try his hand at anything. Acting, singing, parenting, marrying the most beautiful woman, comedy. Crazy amazing guy. Did you see him at the CMA awards with Chris Stapleton?? Is there no genre this guy can’t do?? It took me about an hour to get my knees stable enough to stand after watching that. Super sexy duo. tennesseewhiskey
- Mayim Bialik. If you’re like me, you’ll say “who??”. Sheldon’s girlfriend on The Big Bang, formerly best known as Blossom! Author, actress, activist and neuroscientist. No, for real. From her bio on her website:
Bialik earned a BS from UCLA in 2000 in Neuroscience and Hebrew & Jewish Studies, and went on to the Ph.D. program in Neuroscience, also at UCLA. She completed her doctorate in the Fall of 2007, which examined the role of oxytocin and vasopressin in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder in adolescents with Prader-Willi syndrome.
- Will Smith. I feel there is a theme here, but again, someone who has done everything. And has quietly become a super power bankable star in Hollywood. The ‘quietly’ part being the different thing. I realize I may be wrong, but he comes off as an unassuming, intelligent, creative man with a sense of humor and a deep love for his family. And, is it just me, or does that man get sexier every single year???
- Ken Jeong. One of the funniest guys around, Ken Jeong has a BS zoology, medicine at Duke University and the University of North Caroline. Although he has a medical license, he juggles comedy and medicine, only recently giving up his hands on medical work. Now, that would be a trippy doctors visit… What a amazing thing to do to devote all that time to becoming a doctor – one of the most revered professions – and balance it with being a comedy star.